DATA PROTECTION STATEMENT FOR CHRISSIE PARKER AUTHOR
I value your privacy and I won’t collect unnecessary information about you, or spam you with marketing or other messages that you haven’t asked to receive.
Below is a brief summary of the data and information that is collected by chrissieparker.com.
New Data Protection laws are coming into effect on the 25 May 2018, so I need to ensure that chrissieparker.com is compliant with the new rules.
Blog post comments
- My blog allows readers to comment on posts. These comments are moderated in line with common courtesy practise. Any profanity, rudeness, or spam/sales comments are not approved
- The commenting form asks for your name and email address. These are stored by WordPress.com, the software used to power the blog
- I do not share these details with anyone else, and neither will I add them to any mailing lists
- The purpose of taking your email address is because sometimes comments need a personal response. If you prefer not to provide this information then you can also comment anonymously
- If you would like to have any comments that you have already posted to the site removed, then please contact me and I will remove them as soon as I am able to
- My website allows users to contact me via email or contact form. These emails/comments are moderated in line with common courtesy practise, and responded to. Any profanity, rudeness, or spam/sales comments/emails are deleted
- The commenting form asks for your name and email address. The email is received by myself directly and not any third party
- I do not share these details with anyone else, and neither will I add them to any mailing lists, unless that is the reason you are contacting me
- If you have previously directly emailed me for any reason, such as asking to be on a mailing list, please advise if you are happy for your email address to be kept for that original purpose, otherwise it will be automatically deleted from my server. You can of course opt back in at any time
- Be reassured that any emails received are stored safely via password protected system and only I have access to them
- My blog and website uses tracking software to provide me with statistics about site usage. This software is provided by Google Analytics
- The software will save a small file to your computer’s hard drive in order to track and monitor your engagement and usage of the site
- It will NOT store, save or collect personal information
- If you contact me on Facebook Messenger the messages are stored by both Facebook and the recipient (myself)
- If you send personal information to me via Facebook Messenger and you would like the messages to be deleted once your conversation has ended please let me know and I will delete them
- Please understand that any personal information sent to me via Facebook messenger is not encrypted, therefore it can (if necessary) be viewed by Facebook staff and at worst can be “hacked” so it is not wholly safe
- If you contact me on Direct messenger on Twitter, the messages are stored by both Twitter and the recipient (myself)
- If you send personal information to me via Direct messenger on Twitter and you would like the messages to be deleted once your conversation has ended please let me know and I will delete them
- Please understand that any personal information sent to me via Direct messenger on Twitter is not encrypted, therefore it can (if necessary) be viewed by Twitter staff and at worst can be “hacked” so it is not wholly safe
Thank you for your continued support!
Chrissie Parker, Author (Chrissieparker.com)